ATCON Releases Registration Link For National Dialogue On Telecoms & ICT Sector In Nigeria
- Ultimate Love Now Available on DStv Family, Access And GOtv Plus For A Week!
- @Social Media Week Lagos, NCC’s Special Session Focuses On Socio-economic Benefits Of 5G
- REVEALED: Why NCC And NIPOST Are Exploring Areas Of Collaboration
- Nerds Unite 2020 Holds Today, As MDXi Unveils First Local Microsoft Stack Cloud Offering
- JUST IN: ATCON Announces Date, Guidelines For 2020 AGM, Elections
- Cybersecurity: Sophos XG Firewall Now Comes With “Xstream” Architecture
- Nokia Phones Win Six Accolades At iF DESIGN Awards 2020
- Pantami Receives National Broadband Plan 2020-2025 Committee Report
- FG Irrevocably Committed To Strengthening Cybersecurity- Pantami
- Airtel Pledges To Provide Electricity For Omishakin Community After 13 Years Without Power
The Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) has announced that the Registration link for its proposed National Dialogue on Telecoms and ICT Sector in Nigeria is at: https://forms.gle/BSNqbTKcikjFb1qr8.
The National Dialogue billed for Thursday, March 26, 2020 at the NAF Conference Centre and Suites, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, has as its theme: Harnessing the Digital Resources for the building of our National Economy.
Ajibola Olude, ATCON’s Executive Secretary said in a statement announcing the link that Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, Minister, Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, is expected to deliver a Keynote Address at the event.
Olude listed some of the topics that would be the focus of the panel discussions at the dialogue to include: ‘Digital Economy in Nigeria: Challenges and Opportunities;’ and ‘Private Public Partnership and Development of Mechanism for the seamless Management of Inter-Ministries and Agencies: an imperative for Broadband Infrastructure Development in Nigeria.’
Others include: ‘National Funding and Investment Strategy for Broadband Infrastructure and Digital Economy: The Importance of Education and Awareness;’ as well as ‘Regulation on Emerging Technologies (AI, IoT, Robotics, Blockchain, etc): Leveraging on Nigerian Young Population’s Innovation and Creativity for National Development.’
The Executive Secretary stated that the strategic objectives of the National Dialogue are: ‘To channel collaborative efforts toward Nigerian Digital Economy with the sole aim of accelerating our economy’s performance in relation to other leading African countries;’ and ‘To serve as a forum to discuss the recently launched documents on Digital Economy and take stakeholders input for implementation.’
It is also aimed at ‘optimally Xraying the factors that have worked for and against the telecom and ICT sector in Nigeria;’ and ‘discussing regulations and policies around Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and Blockchain.’
“The growth across all the sectors of Nigeria’s economy is expected to be exponential as a result of the resolve by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy to drive the entire economy through digital resources.
“This strategic dialogue plans to bring together the Presidency, National Assembly, relevant Federal Ministries, State Governors, ICT State Commissioners, Telecom and ICT Operating Companies, World Bank and other international relevant agencies,” Olude said in the statement.
He said that one of the overriding deliverables of this national dialogue on telecoms and ICT sector is that the adoption of digital resources by all aforementioned sectors would lead to development which would eventually make Nigeria to join the league of the top 20 global economies.