Airtel Nigeria Announces Massive Increase In Data Offerings
- Pantami Assures That Telecom Infrastructures Will Be Considered As Critical National Asset
- Google Improves Traffic Information In Lagos, Unveils Traffic Tab In Maps
- NCC Defends 2020 Budget At NASS, Restates Commitment To Address Connectivity Issues
- NCC, Experts, Stakeholders Brainstorm On The Promises Of AfCFTA For Telecoms Industry
- Pantami Orders Immediate Termination Of Cash Payments In NIPOST Offices Nationwide
- Reduce Cost Of Data In The Interest Of Nigerians- Pantami Orders NCC
- Minister Calls For Digital Identity To Accelerate Nigeria’s Development
- Fire Incident: Only Disused Computers, Stationery Got Burnt, Says FIRS
- Start-Up Owners Must Believe In Nigeria To Scale, Says Ekeh, Zinox Boss
- MoDiTECH 2019: Stakeholders Demand Focus On Digital Services To Boost Nigeria’s Economy
In a new move that will enable mobile internet consumers to enjoy more value at heavily discounted rates, Airtel Nigeria has announced a massive increase in data allowance on its weekly and monthly data tariff plans.
The new data tariff review applies to most of the weekly and monthly data plans of the telco including its mega plans.
Under the new tariff, customers who subscribe to the N3,000 monthly plan will get 8GB data; consumers who buy the N5,000 monthly plan will get 15GB of data while customers who subscribe to the N20,000 Mega plan will be credited with 110GB of data, valid for 30 days.
Airtel also introduced a new data plan specifically designed for heavy data users, seeking more value to stream online, chat and download movies. The new plan gives 6GB of data weekly for only N1,500.
The telco said the reviewed data tariff plan will ride on its expansive 4G network, which covers over 100 major cities and towns.
Chief Commercial Officer, Airtel Nigeria, Dinesh Balsingh, said prevailing consumer trend indicates a growing demand for data/mobile Internet and Airtel is well positioned to take the lead in providing the right value offerings as it currently has the largest 4G network in the country.
“As the preferred mobile internet services provider, Airtel is committed to offering superior value to telecoms consumers across the country and our newly revamped data plans is a testament to our commitment to empower our customers.
“With the same price, our customers now have higher data allowance to do much more and get more out of life; to succeed, to become more productive and to do so much more” he said.
To activate the Airtel data plans, customers are advised to dial *141#. The data plans are available to all prepaid and postpaid customers on the Airtel network.