Airtel, SONA Group Celebrate Children’s Day With Over 4,000 Pupils
- Pantami Inaugurates NCC New Board, Announces Impressive Result In SIM Card Re-Registration
- Google Launchpad Accelerator Africa Class 4 Tackles Access To Financial Services, Others
- Crowdyvest’s PlentyWaka, Hassle-Free Bus Hailing Service Goes Live Today
- 2019 South East Cyber Security Conference: James Agada Leads Expert Speakers At Enugu Event
- NCC Submits Short-Term Performance Targets Report To Communications Minister
- Pantami, Minister Of Communications Orders NCC To Block 9.2Million Pre-Registered SIM Cards
- At Abia Consumer Outreach Event, NCC Tasks Operators On Protection Of Networks Against Cybercrime
- Google To Pay USD1Billion In France To Settle Fiscal Fraud Probe
- NCC Reaffirms Support For Initiatives That Promote Universal Access For All Nigerians
- FG Reassures On Safety And Security Of Airports, As FAAN Graduates 727 AVSEC, Fire Officers
As part of activities marking the 2019 Children’s Day Celebration, Airtel Nigeria has partnered with Sona Group, manufacturers of high quality snacks and nutritious confectioneries, to inspire and uplift kids across Airtel’s adopted schools.
Plans have already been finalized to fete over 4,000 pupils across six public primary schools as well as provide them with high quality learning materials including books and pens.
As part of the programme, Airtel and Sona Group will visit Oremeji Primary school in Ajegunle, Lagos State; Yahaya Hamza primary school in Zaria, Kaduna State; Iyeru Okin Primary School in Kwara; Presbyterian Primary School in Ediba, Cross River; St. John’s Primary School in Oke-Agbo, Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State and Community Primary School in Amumara, Imo state.
Employees of both organizations will spend quality time with the children, share experiences and dole out different gifts to the kids.
Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Airtel Nigeria, Segun Ogunsanya, speaking on the initiative said Airtel is passionate about inspiring young children as well as creating platforms for them to succeed as this is in line with one of its cardinal CSR programmes, Adopt-a-School.
“Today is a special day for every Nigerian child. Airtel, therefore, joins Nigerians to celebrate our children including children of our adopted schools as we mark this year’s Children Day.
“As a father, I believe parents and other well-meaning individuals must take an active interest in the well- being and welfare of children so that they can be fully equipped to play their role as future leaders.
“I am especially interested in underprivileged children and I am truly pleased with what we have done together to make life better for them. Through our Employee Volunteer Scheme and Adopt-a-School programme, our interventions have reached thousands of children directly,” he said.
Chairman of the SONA Group of Companies, A.K. Mirchandani, said: “At SONA Group of Industries, we understand the imperativeness of putting together programs and activities that will benefit the children of Nigeria, as they are the very future of the nation, hence this partnership with Airtel to celebrate them.
“This effort is not only aimed at giving the children a memorable time but also inculcating in them the culture of learning. We wish the children of Nigeria and Africa at large the best as they observe this year’s Children’s Day. SONA Group will continue to work to support children in all areas to secure a bright future for them.”
L-R; Education Secretary Ajeromi-Ifelodun Local Government; Mr. Solomon Aboluwodi, Lead CSR Airtel Nigeria; Chioma Okolie, Head Mistress; Kudirat Kasali and Sona Group Head of Marketing; Mr Devanshu Seth . Distributing gifts on Children's Day with pupils of one of Airtel’s adopted schools in Lagos State; Oremeji Primary School II, Ajegunle, Lagos State….