Airtel, SONA Group Celebrate Children’s Day With Over 4,000 Pupils
- Skyroam Simo, Smile Telecom Sign Deal To Provide Improved Mobile Data Services In Africa
- NCC Committed To Bridging Digital Gaps In Educational Institutions Across Nigeria- Danbatta
- Stakeholders At African EduTech Conference Re-Echo Calls For Technology-Based Education Curricula
- CONFIRMED! Dr. Henry Nkemadu Is NCC’s New Director Public Affairs
- Digital Africa Conference And Exhibition 2019: Preparing Africa For The Age Of Abundance
- NCC, Judges At A Workshop In Enugu, Brainstorm On Legal Issues In Telecommunications
- VDT Communications Goes Into The Retail Market, Unveils Its 4G LTE Advanced Data Services
- Airport Encroachment: FAAN Collaborates With Enugu State Government
- ATCON Reiterates Readiness For Telecom Executives And Regulator’s Forum 2019
- Disaster Management: NCC Set To Unveil Emergency Communications Centres Across Nigeria
As part of activities marking the 2019 Children’s Day Celebration, Airtel Nigeria has partnered with Sona Group, manufacturers of high quality snacks and nutritious confectioneries, to inspire and uplift kids across Airtel’s adopted schools.
Plans have already been finalized to fete over 4,000 pupils across six public primary schools as well as provide them with high quality learning materials including books and pens.
As part of the programme, Airtel and Sona Group will visit Oremeji Primary school in Ajegunle, Lagos State; Yahaya Hamza primary school in Zaria, Kaduna State; Iyeru Okin Primary School in Kwara; Presbyterian Primary School in Ediba, Cross River; St. John’s Primary School in Oke-Agbo, Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State and Community Primary School in Amumara, Imo state.
Employees of both organizations will spend quality time with the children, share experiences and dole out different gifts to the kids.
Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Airtel Nigeria, Segun Ogunsanya, speaking on the initiative said Airtel is passionate about inspiring young children as well as creating platforms for them to succeed as this is in line with one of its cardinal CSR programmes, Adopt-a-School.
“Today is a special day for every Nigerian child. Airtel, therefore, joins Nigerians to celebrate our children including children of our adopted schools as we mark this year’s Children Day.
“As a father, I believe parents and other well-meaning individuals must take an active interest in the well- being and welfare of children so that they can be fully equipped to play their role as future leaders.
“I am especially interested in underprivileged children and I am truly pleased with what we have done together to make life better for them. Through our Employee Volunteer Scheme and Adopt-a-School programme, our interventions have reached thousands of children directly,” he said.
Chairman of the SONA Group of Companies, A.K. Mirchandani, said: “At SONA Group of Industries, we understand the imperativeness of putting together programs and activities that will benefit the children of Nigeria, as they are the very future of the nation, hence this partnership with Airtel to celebrate them.
“This effort is not only aimed at giving the children a memorable time but also inculcating in them the culture of learning. We wish the children of Nigeria and Africa at large the best as they observe this year’s Children’s Day. SONA Group will continue to work to support children in all areas to secure a bright future for them.”
L-R; Education Secretary Ajeromi-Ifelodun Local Government; Mr. Solomon Aboluwodi, Lead CSR Airtel Nigeria; Chioma Okolie, Head Mistress; Kudirat Kasali and Sona Group Head of Marketing; Mr Devanshu Seth . Distributing gifts on Children's Day with pupils of one of Airtel’s adopted schools in Lagos State; Oremeji Primary School II, Ajegunle, Lagos State….