BREAKING! Wike Declared Winner Of Rivers Guber Elections, Polls 886,264 To Beat Closest Rival
- House Speakership: Emeka Nwajiuba, The Political Ijele Steps Out
- HoR Speakership: Why Equity, Justice, And Gender Balancing Favour Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha
- OSUN: Tribunal Sacks APC’S Oyetola, Declares PDP’s Adeleke Governor-Elect As APC Rejects Verdict
- Atiku, PDP At Tribunal, Seek Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For Inspection
- Nwodo Denies Ohanaeze Declaring Support For Any Guber Candidate In Lagos
- Court Nullifies Kano PDP Governorship Primary, Orders Fresh Election
- JUST IN : APC NWC Suspends Amosun, Okorocha, Recommends Expulsion
- 2019 Presidential Poll Results: National Peace Committee Meets With Atiku, Obi, Others
- PDP Says It Rejects Buhari’s ‘Licence to Kill’ Order
- Snatch Ballot Box, And Pay With Your Life- Buhari
By Our Reporter
Nyesom Ezebunwon Wike, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Rivers state governorship election, has just been declared the winner of the crisis-prone election.
By this result, Wike has been re-elected as governor for a second term of four years.
At the end of the final collation of 21 local government areas announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Wike polled 886,264 votes ahead of Biokpomabo Awara, the candidate of the African Alliance Congress (AAC), who scored 173,859 votes.
The PDP candidate polled a total of 712,405 votes ahead of his closest rival.
Former Governor Rotimi Amaechi, Nigeria’s current minister of transportation, had declared support for Awara since the All Progressives Congress (APC) was declared ineligible by both INEC and the Courts to field candidates in the elections.