Chams Plc Names Garvin Young New Managing Director
- Ultimate Love Now Available on DStv Family, Access And GOtv Plus For A Week!
- @Social Media Week Lagos, NCC’s Special Session Focuses On Socio-economic Benefits Of 5G
- REVEALED: Why NCC And NIPOST Are Exploring Areas Of Collaboration
- Nerds Unite 2020 Holds Today, As MDXi Unveils First Local Microsoft Stack Cloud Offering
- JUST IN: ATCON Announces Date, Guidelines For 2020 AGM, Elections
- Cybersecurity: Sophos XG Firewall Now Comes With “Xstream” Architecture
- Nokia Phones Win Six Accolades At iF DESIGN Awards 2020
- Pantami Receives National Broadband Plan 2020-2025 Committee Report
- FG Irrevocably Committed To Strengthening Cybersecurity- Pantami
- Airtel Pledges To Provide Electricity For Omishakin Community After 13 Years Without Power
Nigeria’s provider of integrated identity management and payments transactional solutions, Chams Plc, has announced the appointment of Gavin Young as its new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Young’s appointment, according to a report by Nairametrics, which will take effect from Friday, November 1, 2019, follows the retirement of Sunday Williams who served the company for 28 years.
The report stated that consequently, Williams, on Monday, September 2, 2019, proceeded on three (3) months terminal leave, and Young resumed immediately in the acting capacity to ensure proper handover.
Williams was quoted to have said, “l am very confident in the capacity of Gavin to lead Chams to the next level and assure all our Stakeholders of a smooth transition as Gavin already understands the system.”
Gavin Young, the newly-appointed MD/CEO is a seasoned Fintech professional with a proven track record in managing Companies with a specific focus on all areas of Electronic Banking and Fintech.
His career cuts across 20 years at First National Bank of South Africa, 7 years at Visa as Country Manager, sub-Saharan Africa (South Africa and Nigeria).
In 2007, he joined UBA and was a Divisional Director, Card Services, UBA. And since 2009, he has worked (on a full-time and part-time basis) with the Chams Plc Group of companies as Managing Director of ChamsSwitch and Deputy Managing Director of Chams Mobile, amongst others.