Chams Plc Names Garvin Young New Managing Director
- Pantami Inaugurates NCC New Board, Announces Impressive Result In SIM Card Re-Registration
- Google Launchpad Accelerator Africa Class 4 Tackles Access To Financial Services, Others
- Crowdyvest’s PlentyWaka, Hassle-Free Bus Hailing Service Goes Live Today
- 2019 South East Cyber Security Conference: James Agada Leads Expert Speakers At Enugu Event
- NCC Submits Short-Term Performance Targets Report To Communications Minister
- Pantami, Minister Of Communications Orders NCC To Block 9.2Million Pre-Registered SIM Cards
- At Abia Consumer Outreach Event, NCC Tasks Operators On Protection Of Networks Against Cybercrime
- Google To Pay USD1Billion In France To Settle Fiscal Fraud Probe
- NCC Reaffirms Support For Initiatives That Promote Universal Access For All Nigerians
- FG Reassures On Safety And Security Of Airports, As FAAN Graduates 727 AVSEC, Fire Officers
Nigeria’s provider of integrated identity management and payments transactional solutions, Chams Plc, has announced the appointment of Gavin Young as its new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Young’s appointment, according to a report by Nairametrics, which will take effect from Friday, November 1, 2019, follows the retirement of Sunday Williams who served the company for 28 years.
The report stated that consequently, Williams, on Monday, September 2, 2019, proceeded on three (3) months terminal leave, and Young resumed immediately in the acting capacity to ensure proper handover.
Williams was quoted to have said, “l am very confident in the capacity of Gavin to lead Chams to the next level and assure all our Stakeholders of a smooth transition as Gavin already understands the system.”
Gavin Young, the newly-appointed MD/CEO is a seasoned Fintech professional with a proven track record in managing Companies with a specific focus on all areas of Electronic Banking and Fintech.
His career cuts across 20 years at First National Bank of South Africa, 7 years at Visa as Country Manager, sub-Saharan Africa (South Africa and Nigeria).
In 2007, he joined UBA and was a Divisional Director, Card Services, UBA. And since 2009, he has worked (on a full-time and part-time basis) with the Chams Plc Group of companies as Managing Director of ChamsSwitch and Deputy Managing Director of Chams Mobile, amongst others.