FAAN Reacts To Fire Incident At Owerri Airport
- Jiji, Nigeria’s Online Marketplace Acquires OLX Business In Ghana, Three Other African Countries
- Presidential Poll Result: Atiku To Invite Microsoft, IBM, Oracle To Testify At Tribunal
- Facebook Spends More Than USD22m On Zuckerberg’s Safety
- Ebenezer Onyeagwu Named Zenith Bank’s New CEO
- Anambra School Boys Win Bronze At World Tech Festival
- NCC, Other Telecom Stakeholders Chart Path To A Crime-Free Cyberspace
- MMIA Road Construction: FAAN Advises Passengers To Get To The Airport Early
- Five Months After Assuming Office, Nwokike, NCC Director Of Public Affairs, Retires, Joins 11 Others
- 9mobile Management Visits Nigerdock, Assures Of Continued Quality Service, Support For Enterprises
- Finland Is The Happiest Country In The World Again, As Nigeria Is Ranked 85
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has informed passengers and the general public that there was a fire incident that affected some parts of the terminal building of Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri at about 1400hours today.
In a release signed by the Authority’s general manager corporate affairs, Mrs. Henrietta Yakubu, FAAN said the fire was, however, curtailed swiftly by officers of the Aerodrome Rescue and Fire Fighting Services Department of FAAN.
The statement further noted that there was no reported casualty while normal operations have since resumed at the airport.
FAAN said it has commenced preliminary investigations into the cause of the incident.