FAAN Reacts To Fire Incident At Owerri Airport
- NIGF 2019: NCC Gives Reasons For The Establishment Of Internet Industry Code Of Practice
- Uphold Tenets Of Justice And Equity In Your Conducts, LERSA Urges AMCON
- Airtel Africa Plc Lists On The Main Board Of The Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Huawei Launches 2019 ICT Global Competition, Recognises Nigerian Students For Excellence
- Intrigues, Excitement As BB Naija ‘Pepper Dem’ Goes Full Throttle
- African ICT Foundation Tasks State And Non-State Actors On Illegal Online Surveillance Of Citizens
- FG, Others Urged To Make Broadband Penetration Accessible, Affordable To All Nigerians
- Facebook’s FCLP Grant Aids Foundation’s Children Medical Outreach in Nigeria
- Excitement As Fidelity Bank Plc, Pricewaterhouse Coopers Collaborate To Fund SMEs In Nigeria
- Access Bank Begins Disbursement Of Loans, Targets ICT, Entertainment Industries, Others
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has informed passengers and the general public that there was a fire incident that affected some parts of the terminal building of Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri at about 1400hours today.
In a release signed by the Authority’s general manager corporate affairs, Mrs. Henrietta Yakubu, FAAN said the fire was, however, curtailed swiftly by officers of the Aerodrome Rescue and Fire Fighting Services Department of FAAN.
The statement further noted that there was no reported casualty while normal operations have since resumed at the airport.
FAAN said it has commenced preliminary investigations into the cause of the incident.