Glo Gains More Internet Subscribers In The Month Of June
- CORONAVIRUS: FAAN Releases Travel Advisory
- Flutterwave, Payments Tech Firm Closes USD35M Series B Co-Led By Greycroft And eVentures
- Alex Okosi Appointed YouTube’s Managing Director Of Emerging Markets In EMEA
- PlentyWaka Unveils ‘Scan and Ride’ Feature, Expands Routes
- India’s Telecom Operators Demand Data Price Ruling
- DEMS Volunteers Hail Minister’s Ongoing Digitization, Reforms In Oil And Gas Sector
- 2Baba, Teni, Others To Feature In The Second Season Of MTV Base Behind The Story
- MultiChoice Talent Factory Organizes Steadicam Masterclass
- CyberCLOUD Platform Attains VMware Verified Status, Targets Business Transformation
- FG Frowns At State Govts’ Disregard Of Right Of Way Charge Agreement
Globacom has topped gainers' chart in the latest statistics of Internet subscribers released by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) for the month of June.
Though June was a difficult month for the industry generally, as the total number of internet subscribers dropped by a whopping 332,338 from 122,624,417 in May to 122,292,079 in June, the bulwark against complete free fall came from Globacom and Airtel who recorded subscriber gains, while the other operators recorded a loss.
The Stat showed that Globacom gained a total of 196,816, moving from 28,825,533 data subscribers in May to 29,022,349 in June, while Airtel gained a total of 42,510 subscribers in the corresponding period.
On the other hand, MTN lost 178,103 subscribers, dropping from 52,433,020 in May to 52,254,917 in June. Nigeria’s fourth largest telecommunications operator, 9Mobile lost 310,924 data subscribers, dropping from 9,350,477 in May to 9, 039,553 in June.
Globacom has proven to be the favourite of internet subscribers over the years on account of its customer-friendly data packages and fast internet connectivity.
The operator became the first network in Nigeria to launch nationwide 4G in 2016. With the launch of the service, millions of subscribers on the Glo network have been able to enjoy instant, efficient broadband internet connectivity.