Glo Gains More Internet Subscribers In The Month Of June
- Enrique Lores Is HP’s New CEO As Dion Weisler Steps Down
- BREAKING: Buhari Approves Licensing Of Online TV, Radio Stations
- GOtv Announces Fascinating Programme Line-Up For August
- Ernest Ndukwe, Seasoned Telecoms Technocrat, Becomes MTN Nigeria New Board Chairman
- JUST IN: Pantami, Dare, 41 Others Make Buhari’s Ministerial List
- Cybersecurity: Forcepoint Unveils Digital Transformation Acceleration Strategy
- Meet Yolanda Cuba, New MTN Group’s Chief Digital And Fintech Officer
- NIGF 2019: NCC Gives Reasons For The Establishment Of Internet Industry Code Of Practice
- Uphold Tenets Of Justice And Equity In Your Conducts, LERSA Urges AMCON
- Airtel Africa Plc Lists On The Main Board Of The Nigerian Stock Exchange
Globacom has topped gainers' chart in the latest statistics of Internet subscribers released by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) for the month of June.
Though June was a difficult month for the industry generally, as the total number of internet subscribers dropped by a whopping 332,338 from 122,624,417 in May to 122,292,079 in June, the bulwark against complete free fall came from Globacom and Airtel who recorded subscriber gains, while the other operators recorded a loss.
The Stat showed that Globacom gained a total of 196,816, moving from 28,825,533 data subscribers in May to 29,022,349 in June, while Airtel gained a total of 42,510 subscribers in the corresponding period.
On the other hand, MTN lost 178,103 subscribers, dropping from 52,433,020 in May to 52,254,917 in June. Nigeria’s fourth largest telecommunications operator, 9Mobile lost 310,924 data subscribers, dropping from 9,350,477 in May to 9, 039,553 in June.
Globacom has proven to be the favourite of internet subscribers over the years on account of its customer-friendly data packages and fast internet connectivity.
The operator became the first network in Nigeria to launch nationwide 4G in 2016. With the launch of the service, millions of subscribers on the Glo network have been able to enjoy instant, efficient broadband internet connectivity.