Glo Yakata Snags Most Innovative Award At IamBrandNigeria Awards
- Google Photos Now Lets You Search For Text In Pictures
- At Third Edition Of Google For Nigeria Event, Google Announces New Products, Features To Help People
- Digital Marketers Benefit From Google’s Certification Training Roadshow
- Dell Reiterates Commitment To Driving Nigeria’s Digital Transformation Agenda
- Google Kicks Off Digital Skills For Africa Program In Aba
- Ericsson’s 5G Leadership In Europe Gets Recognition At World 5G Summit
- Osinbajo, Sanwo-Olu, Ovia, Others Make Case For Smart Technology Adoption In Nigeria
- Glo Introduces Daily Data Splash, Offers Subscribers Attractive Rate
- Pantami Leads NITDA Delegation To 2019 DigitalSENSE Forum On Internet Governance
- Seamfix Tutors NGOs On Data Gathering And Analysis
Telecommunications giants, Globacom was a cynosure of all eyes at the Oriental Hotel, Lagos, on Sunday night at the Top 50 Brands/IamBrandNigeria Award ceremony where the company bagged two awards for its outstanding contributions to the country.
Globacom got the award of the ‘Most Innovative Product of the Year’ for its Glo Yakata tariff plan and also formally got recognized as the third most valuable brand in Nigeria after a thorough assessment of the country’s strong brands by the organisers, Top 50 Brands Nigeria, using their proprietary tool, christened Brand Strength Measurement (BSM).
Globacom was the only company in a list of recipients with exemplary performance in the year, 2018, especially in the area of innovation.
Glo Yakata is a prepaid plan which rewards new and existing Glo customers with amazing bonuses every time they recharge their Glo lines. The free bonus could amount to a total value of N2,200 for a N100 recharge, which gives a minimum of N500 to call all networks plus up to 6GB of data.
The organisers said Globacom has rolled out a series of innovative products and services in the course of the year, noting that Glo Yakata has been particularly outstanding in terms of the value it adds to the company’s subscribers.
The award was presented to top officials of Globacom in front of marketing communications and branding leading lights assembled from all over the country.
Presenting the award, Bunmi Oke, a former President of the Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria (AAAN) commended Globacom and other recipients of IamBrandNigeria merit awards for their commitment to excellence and innovation.
Globacom said in a statement that it is committed to driving innovation in the telecommunications industry in the country, stressing that the company would not cease to delight its teeming subscribers with products and services that add value to their lives.
PHOTO CAPTION: L-R: Kenechukwu Okonkwo, Regional Marketing Manager, Olufolahan Faseyitan, Regional Activation Manager Lagos 1, both of Globacom, Jimi Agbaje, renowned politician, Raj Narayan, Director, Secondary Sales, Marie Macfoy, State Head, SME- Lagos Zone and Eric Uwaomah, Head, Enterprise Sales, all of Globacom, at the formal presentation of the ‘Most Innovative Product of the Year’ award to Globacom for its ‘Glo Yakata’ plan at the IamBrandNigeria Award/Gala in Lagos on Sunday….