Instagram Launches New Comments Control Tool
- Mbala Community Seeks Govt’s Urgent Intervention On The Abandoned Mmam Bridge, Mbala-Achi Road
- Gunmen Kill Four NDLEA Officials In Ondo
- Reactions Trail Alleged Killing Of A Bus Passenger By Customs Official Over Alleged N5,000 Bribe
- Liquid Telecom Gets USD180m Investment To Help Underserved Communities In Africa
- Experts Point At Terrestrial Fibre Constraints As Biggest Hindrance To Africa’s Internet Growth
- MainOne Secures Cote D’Ivoire License, Continues West Africa Expansion Programme
- Internet Connectivity: Vodacom Business Nigeria Deploys Next Gen Intelsat 35e Satellite
- Swift Networks Boosts Broadband Penetration With Free Wi-Fi App, Red Cheetah
- Opeke Highlights Data Centre Hosting, Cloud Investment At TMT Finance Africa 2018
- MainOne Plans Biggest IT Stakeholder Summit For The 3rd Year
By ROMMY IMAH
Instagram, the photo-sharing app owned by Facebook on Monday launched a keyword moderation tool to allow its users to control the comments posted on their pictures
The feature allows its users to list words that they consider offensive or inappropriate and then comments with those words would be hidden from the user's posts.
Abusive comments and online trolling seen on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have been garnering eyeballs as more celebrities deactivate their accounts as a result of the hate they receive online.
Recently Twitter permanently suspended a number of user accounts for harassment after the exit of Ghostbusters actor Leslie Jones from the microblogging site as she faced severe abuse and harassment on the platform.
The new feature from Instagram comes almost a month after pop star Justin Beiber quit the site after threatening to make his account private due to the backlash he received on a picture he posted.
Instagram already allows its users to delete comments by swiping, reporting inappropriate comments and blocking accounts and now with the new tool users can either use their own curated list of inappropriate words or use the list of default words provided by Instagram to hide them from the comments.