JUST IN : APC NWC Suspends Amosun, Okorocha, Recommends Expulsion
- House Speakership: Emeka Nwajiuba, The Political Ijele Steps Out
- HoR Speakership: Why Equity, Justice, And Gender Balancing Favour Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha
- BREAKING! Wike Declared Winner Of Rivers Guber Elections, Polls 886,264 To Beat Closest Rival
- OSUN: Tribunal Sacks APC’S Oyetola, Declares PDP’s Adeleke Governor-Elect As APC Rejects Verdict
- Atiku, PDP At Tribunal, Seek Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For Inspection
- Nwodo Denies Ohanaeze Declaring Support For Any Guber Candidate In Lagos
- Court Nullifies Kano PDP Governorship Primary, Orders Fresh Election
- 2019 Presidential Poll Results: National Peace Committee Meets With Atiku, Obi, Others
- PDP Says It Rejects Buhari’s ‘Licence to Kill’ Order
- Snatch Ballot Box, And Pay With Your Life- Buhari
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has suspended Governors Ibikunle Amosun and Rochas Okorocha of Ogun and Imo states receptively, from the party, TheCable reports.
The NWC has also recommended their expulsion from APC to the National Executive Committee (NEC).
The decisions were taken at the NWC meeting on Friday afternoon in Abuja where allegations of “anti-party activities” were levelled against the governors.
Amosun and Okorocha were both elected senators on the platform of APC on Saturday but they are backing different candidates for the March 9 governorship election.
More to follow…