Lagos State Government Endorses Tourism And Technology Summit
- JUST IN: Smile Appoints Farroukh, Ex-MTN Nigeria Chief, New CEO, Names Charnley, Deputy Chair
- Why We Are Deploying Artificial Intelligence In Our Operations, Services – Wigwe, Access Bank CEO
- NCC Hosts Maiden Telecom Leadership Summit Next Week
- TV Viewers Excited As GOtv Is Overloaded With Entertainment This May
- Fowler Reassures On Safety Of Taxpayers’ Money In FIRS
- TechEconomy.ng, Online News Platform, Receives Enextgen’s Support On ‘Broadband Roundtable’ Series
- Vodacom Sweeps Awards At BoICT 2019, Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- World’s First Arabic-Speaking AI News Anchor Debuts In Dubai
- Jiji, Nigeria’s Online Marketplace Acquires OLX Business In Ghana, Three Other African Countries
- Presidential Poll Result: Atiku To Invite Microsoft, IBM, Oracle To Testify At Tribunal
The Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, and by extension, the Lagos State Government has thrown its weight behind the maiden edition of the Tourism and Technology Summit billed tohold in Lagos, May 30, 2019.
In a statement detailing the reason for this endorsement, the state asserted that they found the summit viable and very likely to add value to the Lagos State vision on Tourism, Arts and Culture.
Africa has huge potentials for tourism through their youthful population but is still struggling with an uncharted and uncoordinated roadmap to achieve huge windfalls from that sector.
Experts have advised on how to reconstruct the tourism ecosystem in Africa through technology by identifying challenges and opportunities.
Emerging Startups and an SME Ecosystem could just be the trigger needed for the role in redefining tourism in Africa as a whole.
The Tourism And Technology Summit aims to develop a roadmap for emerging innovations for the Travel and Tourism space in Africa and provide a platform to showcase these innovations to the world through the Summit.
The primary aim for this community would be to engender solutions to numerous problems facing the tourism sector in Africa and how it can be easier to deploy technology to solve these problems.
The Summit comes up on the 30th of May 2019 at the Oriental Hotel Lagos and would host an array of seasoned speakers from both the travel, tourism and technology sectors.
Brandworld Media in partnership with Technology Mirror and Sua-Global Infinity Concepts is organising the Summit with the theme: “Building A New Ecosystem For Tourism In Africa Innovation, Disruption, Technology.”