Lumumba, Fowler, Ifueko-Omogui To Speak At ICAN Conference Today
- Access Bank Targets 65m Customers Via Awoof Berekete Campaign, Set To Deepen Financial Inclusion
- Enugu Int’l Airport May Be Reopened Before Christmas –Aviation Minister
- CBN Poised To Deepen Its Digital Transformation Culture
- Fowler, Presidency Exchange: Understanding the Issues
- Flutterwave Partners Alipay, Opens Up Africa-China Trade Market
- AAAN Holds 46th AGM, Congress In Asaba
- MTN Nigeria Releases 2019 Q1 Unaudited Results, Gains 2.1million New Subscribers
- MTN Nigeria Completes Registration Of Shares With SEC
- DHL Express Partners Mall for Africa, Launches New Online Shopping App
- NSE, Global Reporting Initiative Host Sustainability Reporting Workshop
Former Director of Kenya Anti-corruption Commission, Professor Patrick Lumumba, will lead other national and global eggheads to speak at the 49th Annual Conference of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, ICAN which opens today (Tuesday) in Abuja, Nigeria.
Lumumba, who has been a leading voice on anti- corruption in Africa, is expected to shed light on strengthening institutional framework to support anti-corruption drive in Africa and how African leaders could deploy and implement revised anti-graft frameworks and models without fear or favour.
Former Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS Omoigui Okauru and current acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, are expected to chair session at the week-long conference.
Incumbent FIRS Chairman, Tunde Fowler, is expected to speak on the legality or otherwise of the tax agency’s substitution or lien on bank accounts of defaulting companies/ taxpayers.
Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Ahmed el-Rufai, is expected to speak on how public accountability stimulates transparent leadership and the way forward.
Other speakers expected are former Ogun State governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun; David Lyford Smith, Technical Manager ICAEW; and Mohammed Gur, CEO, Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN.
Chairperson of ICAN Conference, Hajia Queensley Sofurat Seghosime, said ICAN is ready for the conference and participants and guests will have a fulfilling and engaging time at the event.
At the event with the theme: Building Nigeria for Sustainable Growth and Development, ICAN President Mazi Anthony Okwuaigbo, is expected to lead discussions on strategies and tactics being deployed by the Institute to safeguard the ICAN Act and entrench professionalism in the Nigerian Chartered Accountant whilst leading steps to build enabling Institutions and develop related practices in Nigeria and the world over.
ICAN members are to share their expectations and suggest improvements in accountancy practice in Nigeria.