Meet Yolanda Cuba, New MTN Group’s Chief Digital And Fintech Officer
- Airtel Nigeria Announces Massive Increase In Data Offerings
- AgroDomain, Innovative Agro Solutions Provider Debuts, Promises Holistic Agribusiness Transformation
- Global Accelerex, Digital Encode, ActivEdge, Others Throw Weight Behind MoDiTECH
- NCC Warns Cable Operators Against Broadcast Piracy
- UN World Summit Tech Solution Awardees To Showcase At MoDiTECH 2019
- Digital Payments: Airtel Africa Partners Mastercard, Aims To Connect 100m Consumers in Africa
- Nigeria, Two Other African Countries To Benefit From Google’s Expanded Digital Skills Programme
- MTN Driving Partnerships For A Bright Future For Africa, Celebrates 25 Years Of Being Good Together
- Rwanda Takes The Lead Again, Launches First ‘Made In Africa’ Smartphones
- Pantami Directs Parastatals Under His Ministry To Accept Corps Members
Yolanda Cuba has been appointed Group Chief Digital and Fintech Officer at MTN Group. She will join the MTN Group Executive Committee reporting to the Group CEO Rob Shuter, in a role she is expected to lead the Group’s strategic expansion of its financial services and digital solutions efforts and transformation into a digital operator.
Yolanda brings extensive telecommunications and leadership experience to MTN Group, joining the telecoms giants from Vodacom, where she served as Chief Officer of Strategy and M&A. She was previously the CEO of Vodafone Ghana for a three-year period, a role that saw her named Telecom CEO of the Year in 2018.
“This role gives me the opportunity to drive digital innovation and financial inclusion across the Group’s vast footprint. I’m really looking forward to the new challenge and being part of the MTN leadership team”, said Yolanda.
MTN Group CEO, Rob Shuter said, “We are very pleased to bring an executive of Yolanda’s calibre into MTN Group. Yolanda is a highly qualified and experienced executive, with a unique combination of operational telecommunications experience as well as finance, financial services and digital skills. I am confident that Yolanda’s leadership will place us in good stead as we intensify our efforts to build a digital ecosystem and scale our Fintech offering across our markets.”
Under Yolanda’s leadership, MTN will continue to progressively grow the Fintech and digital opportunities in Africa as we see these areas as major drivers of our BRIGHT growth strategy.
Yolanda’s start date will be communicated in due course.