Meet Yolanda Cuba, New MTN Group’s Chief Digital And Fintech Officer
- Enrique Lores Is HP’s New CEO As Dion Weisler Steps Down
- BREAKING: Buhari Approves Licensing Of Online TV, Radio Stations
- GOtv Announces Fascinating Programme Line-Up For August
- Glo Gains More Internet Subscribers In The Month Of June
- Ernest Ndukwe, Seasoned Telecoms Technocrat, Becomes MTN Nigeria New Board Chairman
- JUST IN: Pantami, Dare, 41 Others Make Buhari’s Ministerial List
- Cybersecurity: Forcepoint Unveils Digital Transformation Acceleration Strategy
- NIGF 2019: NCC Gives Reasons For The Establishment Of Internet Industry Code Of Practice
- Uphold Tenets Of Justice And Equity In Your Conducts, LERSA Urges AMCON
- Airtel Africa Plc Lists On The Main Board Of The Nigerian Stock Exchange
Yolanda Cuba has been appointed Group Chief Digital and Fintech Officer at MTN Group. She will join the MTN Group Executive Committee reporting to the Group CEO Rob Shuter, in a role she is expected to lead the Group’s strategic expansion of its financial services and digital solutions efforts and transformation into a digital operator.
Yolanda brings extensive telecommunications and leadership experience to MTN Group, joining the telecoms giants from Vodacom, where she served as Chief Officer of Strategy and M&A. She was previously the CEO of Vodafone Ghana for a three-year period, a role that saw her named Telecom CEO of the Year in 2018.
“This role gives me the opportunity to drive digital innovation and financial inclusion across the Group’s vast footprint. I’m really looking forward to the new challenge and being part of the MTN leadership team”, said Yolanda.
MTN Group CEO, Rob Shuter said, “We are very pleased to bring an executive of Yolanda’s calibre into MTN Group. Yolanda is a highly qualified and experienced executive, with a unique combination of operational telecommunications experience as well as finance, financial services and digital skills. I am confident that Yolanda’s leadership will place us in good stead as we intensify our efforts to build a digital ecosystem and scale our Fintech offering across our markets.”
Under Yolanda’s leadership, MTN will continue to progressively grow the Fintech and digital opportunities in Africa as we see these areas as major drivers of our BRIGHT growth strategy.
Yolanda’s start date will be communicated in due course.