Pantami Assures That Telecom Infrastructures Will Be Considered As Critical National Asset
- NCC Promises Stronger Media Collaboration, As NUJ Honours Danbatta With Excellence Award
- ATCON Honours Pantami, Pledges Mature And Objective Advocacy For Industry’s Benefit
- MultiChoice Adds More Value To Its Customers, Opens Ultra-Modern Office In Ibadan
- It’s A Yuletide To Smile, As Smile Communications Ignites Season With Two Exciting Offers
- PlentyWaka Promises Exciting Days Ahead, Intensifies Reduction Of Traffic Gridlocks On Lagos Roads
- NCC Assures Of Telecoms Environment That Fosters Open And Transparent Financial Reporting
- TD, A Reliable Nigerian Company You Can Trust – Peter Obi
- Danbatta Highlights The Importance Of 5G Trials In Nigeria
- Dell Unveils New Solutions To Advance High Performance Computing And AI Innovation
- Digital Economy: Forum Demands Overhaul Of Information And Culture Ministry
By Rommy IMAH
Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami has disclosed that plans are underway to ensure maximum protection of telecom infrastructures.
This, according to the Minister, is to systematically address the challenges facing the telecom sector and ensure Nigerians enjoy improved quality of service and downward review in the price of mobile data.
Dr. Pantami made this disclosure Thursday during a meeting with the Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON), led by its President, Mr Olusola Teniola which was held at the Ministry's Headquarters, Abuja.
The Minister expressed openness to work with all stakeholders to move the industry forward, emphasizing that success is a collective effort.
He stated that the main priority of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy is to ensure all agencies under its supervision are brought back on track to deliver effective and efficient services to Nigerians.
Earlier in his remarks, the ATCON President, Olusola Teniola had highlighted that the objectives of the visit were to openly commend the Honourable Minister for the great work he's doing, discuss issues that are militating against the growth of the wider telecoms industry and share thoughts on how Telecom and ICT can catalyze economic development in Nigeria.
R-L: Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Pantami; ATCON President, Olusola Teniola; ATCON 2nd Vice President, Muyiwa Ogungboye; and ATCON Executive Secretary, Ajibola Olude during ATCON’s visit to the Honourable Minister in Abuja….