Reduce Cost Of Data In The Interest Of Nigerians- Pantami Orders NCC
- NCC Promises Stronger Media Collaboration, As NUJ Honours Danbatta With Excellence Award
- ATCON Honours Pantami, Pledges Mature And Objective Advocacy For Industry’s Benefit
- MultiChoice Adds More Value To Its Customers, Opens Ultra-Modern Office In Ibadan
- It’s A Yuletide To Smile, As Smile Communications Ignites Season With Two Exciting Offers
- PlentyWaka Promises Exciting Days Ahead, Intensifies Reduction Of Traffic Gridlocks On Lagos Roads
- NCC Assures Of Telecoms Environment That Fosters Open And Transparent Financial Reporting
- TD, A Reliable Nigerian Company You Can Trust – Peter Obi
- Danbatta Highlights The Importance Of 5G Trials In Nigeria
- Dell Unveils New Solutions To Advance High Performance Computing And AI Innovation
- Digital Economy: Forum Demands Overhaul Of Information And Culture Ministry
Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, yesterday, insisted that the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, must work out modalities to reduce the price of data in the interest of Nigerians.
The Minister said his office has been inundated with complaints from concerned Nigerians about the high cost of data by telecoms.
He therefore, mandated the management of the NCC led by its board chairman, Olabiyi Durojaiye, on a courtesy visit to work out the modalities with other stakeholders in the industry in the next five working dates.
According to him, “I am urging the management of NCC to work towards reducing the price of data in Nigeria. It is too costly and people are complaining every day.
“If you go to other countries, even countries that are not as largely populated as Nigeria, data prices are not this high.
“I am also a victim of some of the infractions that are so common in the industry. You load your data, but you barely used 20 percent of it and the entire data is wiped off.”