Skool Media Wins Global Best Quality ICT Solution Company Of The Year Award
- Jiji, Nigeria’s Online Marketplace Acquires OLX Business In Ghana, Three Other African Countries
- Presidential Poll Result: Atiku To Invite Microsoft, IBM, Oracle To Testify At Tribunal
- Facebook Spends More Than USD22m On Zuckerberg’s Safety
- FAAN Reacts To Fire Incident At Owerri Airport
- Ebenezer Onyeagwu Named Zenith Bank’s New CEO
- Anambra School Boys Win Bronze At World Tech Festival
- NCC, Other Telecom Stakeholders Chart Path To A Crime-Free Cyberspace
- MMIA Road Construction: FAAN Advises Passengers To Get To The Airport Early
- Five Months After Assuming Office, Nwokike, NCC Director Of Public Affairs, Retires, Joins 11 Others
- 9mobile Management Visits Nigerdock, Assures Of Continued Quality Service, Support For Enterprises
By Rommy IMAH
Skool Media Limited, an innovative edu-tech company has won the Global Best Quality ICT Solution Company of the Year Award.
The award was presented to Skool Media Thursday, November 8, 2018, at the World Quality Day Excellence Awards.
The World Quality Day Excellence Awards is an annual event organized by the World Quality Alliance and initiated at celebrating leadership innovation and creativity in quality management in Africa.
According to the organizers, “The Award is aimed at identifying, recognizing and rewarding companies, personalities and products that apply Quality Culture and Quality Management Best practices to the analysis, planning and implementation and control of policies designed to achieve corporate objectives in both profit and non-profit making organizations in Africa.”
Presenting the Award to Skool Media Limited at World Quality Day celebration event held in Lagos, the Chairman, Organising Committee, Dr Stanley Ohenhen, said that the Company was nominated after careful research and observation of its processes and ICT solutions.
“Skool Media’s emergence as the winner in the golden award category was a testament to its ability to adopt technology as a means to improving the standard of quality education in Nigeria. Skool Media has worked closely with its subsidiary; Edufirst.ng in setting up of student technology experience centres in over 20 Federal Government schools across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.
“With a commitment to providing a wide range of STEM contents to students and teachers, Skool Media has also engaged in capacity building programs for over 2000 teachers on technology inclined resources. Some of these training programs include ICT Literacy, creative thinking and problem solving, digital literacy and online safety, use of online and audiovisual resources in education.”
General Manager, Skool Media Limited, Mrs. Abimbola Jide-Aremu, while receiving the award, thanked the organisers for recognising Skool Media’s passion about fostering the growth and sustenance of qualitative education in Nigeria through technology, innovation and creativity.
Quality assessment experts believe that quality remains an important attribute that every serious company is identified with, as this attribute includes principles such as inspection, process control, auditing, standards and ISO 9000 certification.
It also includes, for example, Management Systems and continuous improvement, customer satisfaction and market focus, teamwork and the well-being of employees, attributes Skool Media Limited has in abundance.