Skyroam Simo, Smile Telecom Sign Deal To Provide Improved Mobile Data Services In Africa
- NIGF 2019: NCC Gives Reasons For The Establishment Of Internet Industry Code Of Practice
- Uphold Tenets Of Justice And Equity In Your Conducts, LERSA Urges AMCON
- Airtel Africa Plc Lists On The Main Board Of The Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Huawei Launches 2019 ICT Global Competition, Recognises Nigerian Students For Excellence
- Intrigues, Excitement As BB Naija ‘Pepper Dem’ Goes Full Throttle
- African ICT Foundation Tasks State And Non-State Actors On Illegal Online Surveillance Of Citizens
- FG, Others Urged To Make Broadband Penetration Accessible, Affordable To All Nigerians
- Facebook’s FCLP Grant Aids Foundation’s Children Medical Outreach in Nigeria
- Excitement As Fidelity Bank Plc, Pricewaterhouse Coopers Collaborate To Fund SMEs In Nigeria
- Access Bank Begins Disbursement Of Loans, Targets ICT, Entertainment Industries, Others
Pan-African 4GLTE telecommunications group, Smile Telecoms has formally entered into a partnership with Skyroam Simo, the world's leading mobile Platform as a Service (PaaS) company providing global data access services.
digitaltimesng.com understands that this is a great partnership that will enable more Africa mobile users to seamlessly connect to the best 4GLTE mobile network with improved coverage, faster speed, and more flexible plans.
Smile Telecoms has operations in Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Ahmad Farroukh, Smile’s Group CEO, while explaining what informed the partnership, stated: “Smile is a leading 4GLTE carrier in Africa and we are always open to new and innovative technologies to bring continued value add and benefits to our users.
“Our partnership with Skyroam Simo will leverage its leading position in global virtual SIM platform and together bring the best service and value to our pan-African users.”
Simo App emerges at the right time, bringing access and affordability to mobile data for millions of Africans struggling today with expensive Internet prices that keep them out of the market entirely.
Skyroam Simo and its unique Virtual-eSIM™ technology can deliver seamless 4G data connection to any user automatically switch to the best 4G network nearby, ensuring the best reliability and speed.
In addition to creating a new way to access data for consumers, Skyroam Simo helps carriers to develop their market at nearly “zero” cost by improving the efficiency of acquiring new customers, to ease the hassle of traditional sales channels, and to drive more value by improving the relationship with their customers.
This partnership between Smile and Simo will enable more Smile users to leverage Skyroam’s platform of over 135 countries and 200 mobile networks with best coverage and speed, and is seen as a big leap forward amongst Africa operators.
Jing Liu, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Skyroam, disclosed that “Skyroam Simo will work with Smile Telecom, a great partner who continues to believe in bringing value to its users as a long term strategy.
“Together we will meet the needs of more people in Africa and bring explosive growth in mobile data usage. We will continue to innovate together with leading partners around the world to meet the demands of users where mobile data is becoming a must-have that impact our daily lives."
The partnership also gives International customers from various countries in the world who use Skyroam devices the opportunity to roam on Smile 4GLTE network in all countries of Smile presence.
While most mobile phone brands in the market are trying to solve this core problem through complicated dual SIM dual Standby technology, Skyroam Simo was developed on the belief that the best solution is through simplicity and strong partnerships.
Simo have invested in long-term R&D with leading manufacturer of mobile chips company, MediaTek, to have the patented Virtual-eSIM™ technology embedded in all MediaTek 4G chips used by manufacturers.