Skyroam Simo, Smile Telecom Sign Deal To Provide Improved Mobile Data Services In Africa
- Airtel Nigeria Announces Massive Increase In Data Offerings
- AgroDomain, Innovative Agro Solutions Provider Debuts, Promises Holistic Agribusiness Transformation
- Global Accelerex, Digital Encode, ActivEdge, Others Throw Weight Behind MoDiTECH
- NCC Warns Cable Operators Against Broadcast Piracy
- UN World Summit Tech Solution Awardees To Showcase At MoDiTECH 2019
- Digital Payments: Airtel Africa Partners Mastercard, Aims To Connect 100m Consumers in Africa
- Nigeria, Two Other African Countries To Benefit From Google’s Expanded Digital Skills Programme
- MTN Driving Partnerships For A Bright Future For Africa, Celebrates 25 Years Of Being Good Together
- Rwanda Takes The Lead Again, Launches First ‘Made In Africa’ Smartphones
- Pantami Directs Parastatals Under His Ministry To Accept Corps Members
Pan-African 4GLTE telecommunications group, Smile Telecoms has formally entered into a partnership with Skyroam Simo, the world's leading mobile Platform as a Service (PaaS) company providing global data access services.
digitaltimesng.com understands that this is a great partnership that will enable more Africa mobile users to seamlessly connect to the best 4GLTE mobile network with improved coverage, faster speed, and more flexible plans.
Smile Telecoms has operations in Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Ahmad Farroukh, Smile’s Group CEO, while explaining what informed the partnership, stated: “Smile is a leading 4GLTE carrier in Africa and we are always open to new and innovative technologies to bring continued value add and benefits to our users.
“Our partnership with Skyroam Simo will leverage its leading position in global virtual SIM platform and together bring the best service and value to our pan-African users.”
Simo App emerges at the right time, bringing access and affordability to mobile data for millions of Africans struggling today with expensive Internet prices that keep them out of the market entirely.
Skyroam Simo and its unique Virtual-eSIM™ technology can deliver seamless 4G data connection to any user automatically switch to the best 4G network nearby, ensuring the best reliability and speed.
In addition to creating a new way to access data for consumers, Skyroam Simo helps carriers to develop their market at nearly “zero” cost by improving the efficiency of acquiring new customers, to ease the hassle of traditional sales channels, and to drive more value by improving the relationship with their customers.
This partnership between Smile and Simo will enable more Smile users to leverage Skyroam’s platform of over 135 countries and 200 mobile networks with best coverage and speed, and is seen as a big leap forward amongst Africa operators.
Jing Liu, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Skyroam, disclosed that “Skyroam Simo will work with Smile Telecom, a great partner who continues to believe in bringing value to its users as a long term strategy.
“Together we will meet the needs of more people in Africa and bring explosive growth in mobile data usage. We will continue to innovate together with leading partners around the world to meet the demands of users where mobile data is becoming a must-have that impact our daily lives."
The partnership also gives International customers from various countries in the world who use Skyroam devices the opportunity to roam on Smile 4GLTE network in all countries of Smile presence.
While most mobile phone brands in the market are trying to solve this core problem through complicated dual SIM dual Standby technology, Skyroam Simo was developed on the belief that the best solution is through simplicity and strong partnerships.
Simo have invested in long-term R&D with leading manufacturer of mobile chips company, MediaTek, to have the patented Virtual-eSIM™ technology embedded in all MediaTek 4G chips used by manufacturers.