Smile Wins 4G LTE African Quality Award
- Mbala Community Seeks Govt’s Urgent Intervention On The Abandoned Mmam Bridge, Mbala-Achi Road
- Gunmen Kill Four NDLEA Officials In Ondo
- Reactions Trail Alleged Killing Of A Bus Passenger By Customs Official Over Alleged N5,000 Bribe
- Liquid Telecom Gets USD180m Investment To Help Underserved Communities In Africa
- Experts Point At Terrestrial Fibre Constraints As Biggest Hindrance To Africa’s Internet Growth
- MainOne Secures Cote D’Ivoire License, Continues West Africa Expansion Programme
- Internet Connectivity: Vodacom Business Nigeria Deploys Next Gen Intelsat 35e Satellite
- Swift Networks Boosts Broadband Penetration With Free Wi-Fi App, Red Cheetah
- Opeke Highlights Data Centre Hosting, Cloud Investment At TMT Finance Africa 2018
- MainOne Plans Biggest IT Stakeholder Summit For The 3rd Year
Leading broadband service provider, Smile Communications Nigeria Limited has continued to be recognized as it has just received an award as the Best Premium Quality Super Fast 4GLTE Mobile Broadband Service Provider of The Year 2016.
The award was given to the broadband company by The African Best Quality Achievement Award last Friday at the Sheraton Lagos Hotel & Towers, Ikeja, in recognition of its massive investments in 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology, which helped in deepening Internet access in Nigeria.
In the citation that preceded the award, the organizers stated that “Smile Nigeria has been consistent in the provision of valuable and innovative services,” noting that since its commencement of business in Nigeria in 2007, Smile has remained true to its transformative objective of using the best and most innovative technologies to provide its customers with high quality, easy to use and affordable communication services in furtherance of its vision of being the broadband provider of choice in Nigeria that enables its customers to fully benefit from the Internet world.
Smile launched West Africa’s first true 4G LTE network in Ibadan in 2013 thereby revolutionizing the way people access the Internet.
Receiving the award, an elated Godfrey Efeurhobo, Managing Director of Smile Nigeria, thanked the organizers for recognizing objective accomplishment by honouring his company.
Dedicating the award to Smile customers throughout the country, Efeurhobo assured of his company’s commitment to the provision of affordable and most reliable Internet service.
According to him, Smile Communications saw huge business opportunity to serve the Nigerian Internet market and has endeavoured to surpass the expectations of its customers. “We came into the market in 2013 when Nigerians were having difficulties with slow speed Internet service and within a short period of time, we changed all of that and today, Nigerians on the Smile network are enjoying fast and reliable Internet service at affordable rates.”
Efeurhobo noted that from inception Smile has remained consistent in the unrivalled quality of its service delivery. “Our goal is to provide Nigerian broadband Internet users with speed, quality, reliability and simplicity. Our vision of becoming the broadband Internet provider of choice in Nigeria has guided us in everything from selecting our people and partners to choosing the best technologies and creating innovative and relevant products and services.”
This latest award is coming on the heels of ‘The Most Innovative Broadband Service Provider Of The Year’ bestowed on Smile at the recently held The Titans of Tech Awards 2016. As at date, the company is present in key Nigerian cities including Ibadan, Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Benin, Kaduna, Asaba and Onitsha.
Smile launched the first 4G LTE network in West Africa in Nigeria in 2014 revolutionizing the way people access the Internet. Late last year, the company became the first operator in West Africa to offer its customers Voice over LTE services thereby ensuring for them access to the growing global standard for voice and video calling.