Snatch Ballot Box, And Pay With Your Life- Buhari
- House Speakership: Emeka Nwajiuba, The Political Ijele Steps Out
- HoR Speakership: Why Equity, Justice, And Gender Balancing Favour Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha
- BREAKING! Wike Declared Winner Of Rivers Guber Elections, Polls 886,264 To Beat Closest Rival
- OSUN: Tribunal Sacks APC’S Oyetola, Declares PDP’s Adeleke Governor-Elect As APC Rejects Verdict
- Atiku, PDP At Tribunal, Seek Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For Inspection
- Nwodo Denies Ohanaeze Declaring Support For Any Guber Candidate In Lagos
- Court Nullifies Kano PDP Governorship Primary, Orders Fresh Election
- JUST IN : APC NWC Suspends Amosun, Okorocha, Recommends Expulsion
- 2019 Presidential Poll Results: National Peace Committee Meets With Atiku, Obi, Others
- PDP Says It Rejects Buhari’s ‘Licence to Kill’ Order
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that anyone planning to snatch ballot boxes during the forthcoming elections will do so “at the expense of his own life”.
Speaking at an emergency meeting of leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abuja on Monday, Buhari warned against tampering with the electoral process.
He said having campaigned across the country, he has garnered enough support and does not need anybody to rig election on his behalf.
“Anybody who decides to snatch ballot boxes or lead thugs to disturb, it may be the last unlawful action you will take,” Buhari said.
“I rarely give the military and the police the power to be ruthless. We are not going to be blamed but we won’t rig election. I want Nigerians to be respected; let them vote whoever they want across the parties. I’m not afraid of it.
“The whole 36 states in Nigeria, I went round. I think I have got enough support across the country to look after me. So I’m going to warn anybody who thinks he has enough influence in his locality to lead a body of thugs to snatch boxes or to disturb the voting system, he will do it at the expense of his own life.”
He asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) not to take voters for granted and advised security agencies to respect the rights of voters during the electoral process.