Vodacom Sweeps Awards At BoICT 2019, Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Skyroam Simo, Smile Telecom Sign Deal To Provide Improved Mobile Data Services In Africa
- NCC Committed To Bridging Digital Gaps In Educational Institutions Across Nigeria- Danbatta
- Stakeholders At African EduTech Conference Re-Echo Calls For Technology-Based Education Curricula
- CONFIRMED! Dr. Henry Nkemadu Is NCC’s New Director Public Affairs
- Digital Africa Conference And Exhibition 2019: Preparing Africa For The Age Of Abundance
- NCC, Judges At A Workshop In Enugu, Brainstorm On Legal Issues In Telecommunications
- VDT Communications Goes Into The Retail Market, Unveils Its 4G LTE Advanced Data Services
- Airport Encroachment: FAAN Collaborates With Enugu State Government
- ATCON Reiterates Readiness For Telecom Executives And Regulator’s Forum 2019
- Disaster Management: NCC Set To Unveil Emergency Communications Centres Across Nigeria
Vodacom Business Nigeria, during the weekend, bagged three different recognitions and induction into the hall of fame at the 10th edition of the annual Beacon of ICT (BoICT) Awards.
Widely considered as the most reputable annual event in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry in Nigeria, organisers of the BoICT awards conferred the Enterprise Broadband Services Provider of the Year, Internet of Things (IoT) Focused Company, Enterprise Solutions Provider of the Year and the Beacon of the ICT Hall of Fame in Enterprise Solutions on Vodacom Business Nigeria.
The awards come as recognition for the brand’s active involvement in deepening economic growth with the creation and provision of telecommunication solutions and support services for businesses.
The recognitions equally reflect Vodacom Business Nigeria’s investments in delivering innovative solutions to multinationals, government, small and medium enterprises whilst offering value and allowing them to thrive.
Wale Odeyemi, Managing Director, Vodacom Business Nigeria reacting to the recognitions said, “We’re honoured and inspired yet again to go further and sustain our commitment to contribute to the rise of Nigeria’s ICT industry. These honours point to the fact that we are doing something differently beyond the conventional which has earned us some of these awards consistently for about a decade.
“The underlying drive in these recognitions is to get better and better at what we do. Vodacom Business Nigeria will keep walking on the path of improvement, sustaining the culture of innovation, while driving the advancement of Nigeria’s economy with products and services that aid growth and development.”
Engr. Gbenga Adebayo, Chairman, Association of Licensed Telecom Operators of Nigeria (ALTON), urged Vodacom Business Nigeria to deepen its resolve towards enhancing the country’s fortunes on the global ICT map.
It will be recalled that Vodacom Business has been adjudged winners of the prestigious awards at various times since inception of BoICT.
Vodacom has emerged winners in the Enterprise Broadband Services Provider of the Year category in 2018, three times in the Internet of Things Focused Company category and eight times in the Enterprise Solutions category, with the ninth earning the corporate connectivity brand a place in the BoICT Hall of Fame for Enterprise Solutions.
L-R: Chairman, Association of Licensed Telecom Operators of Nigeria (ALTON), Gbenga Adebayo; Managing Director, Vodacom Business Nigeria, Wale Odeyemi; Chief Executive Officer, Communications Week Media, Ken Nwogbo; Commercial Director, Vodacom Business Nigeria, Solomon Ogufere; and Chairman, Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON), Olusola Teniola during the 2019 Beacon of ICT Awards held in Lagos…weekend.